Ruby Canyon Engineering and Earth Protect have entered into a Sustainability Teaming Agreement for the purpose of providing expanded climate change and sustainability management, engineering, and communication technology consulting services to government agencies, businesses, and non-profit entities. The companies are undertaking this collaborative effort to better serve clients seeking to achieve long-term sustainability goals and objectives and effectively communicate the results of those efforts to decision makers, interested stakeholders, and the general public.
Ruby Canyon Engineering, Inc. (RCE) is committed to helping companies position themselves for a brighter future by providing expertise within the sustainability field. Selected by Environmental Finance as the “Best Verification Company in North America” in 2013, RCE is a small business with extensive experience in greenhouse gas verification as well as technical consulting. Ruby Canyon is an accredited GHG verifier with the American National Standards Institute (“ANSI”) under ISO 14065 in the following sectors:
- General Reporting
- Power Generation
- Electric Power Transactions
- Mining and Minerals
- Metals Production
- Chemical Production
Ruby Canyon serves as a subcontractor to U.S. EPA’s Climate Change Division and the company has worked internationally in China, India, Russia, Romania, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, and Latin America and has offices in Grand Junction and Denver CO.
Members of RCE’s staff are trained in sustainable practices, certified in sustainability reporting under the Global Reporting Initiative (“GRI”), and belong to the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP). RCE is able to assist companies attain their goals of sustainable operation any step of the way:
- Define the studied product(s) or processes
- Analyze emissions to determine the GHG intensity of each source
- Set feasible reduction target
- Verify progress towards goal
- Report inventory to public to boost credibility
- Market success with Earth Protect Inc.
Earth Protect Inc. (including its division, Earth Protect Productions) is a communication strategy and media production firm focused on informing, educating, and inspiring people to move “from image to action” in securing an economic, environmental, and socially sustainable future. The company’s staff and contractors are award winning creators and producers of digital, film, and video media content. Company operations include:
- Video-focused web site on global sustainability, www.earthprotect.com with over 4,000 videos reviewed and uploaded;
- Media production facilities in Venice, California
- Traditional and social media activation specialists
- An extensive network of businesses, creative artists, educational, government relations, scientific research, and technical advisors, consultants, and contractors specializing in addressing climate change and furthering sustainability principles.
Recently Earth Protect has begun to work with third party developers of information applications and technology (including mobile applications, social networking, and streaming sites) to develop and commercialize processes and tools that provide easier access to important economic and scientific data to better understand sustainable performance and improve K-12 and undergraduate sustainability education.