Sign in with Facebook
  • Facebook Page: 128172154133
  • Twitter: EarthProtect1

Posted by on in Water Conservation
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 226
  • 0 Comments

Water Consumption Statistics

Water Consumption Statistics,

Lawnstarter 

Safe and easily accessible water is vital for the entire population, whether for drinking, domestic use, and agricultural production. 

Even while public awareness of water usage has increased in recent years, much more can be done in this area. As the world’s population rises, so does the water demand, resulting in an unavoidable problem: water shortage. LawnStarter has compiled a list of informative statistics regarding water usage, fundamental causes, water pollution, and much more.

Key Takeaways

–   Only 0.5% of the world’s fresh water is suitable for human use

–   Globally, we use around 4 trillion m³ of fresh water each year

–   5 countries with the most water consumption are Canada, Armenia, New Zealand,

     the United States, and Costa Rica

–   American households use about 138 gallons of water per day

–   Every eight seconds, a child dies from water-related diseases 

–   2 million tons of sewage are released on the Earth’s waters every day

–   80% of all illnesses and deaths worldwide are caused by water-related diseases

–   By 2050, water demand is expected to increase from 20% to 30%

Global Consumption Statistics

Water covers 71% of the Earth, so every year, the Earth’s water quantity remains constant. However, 97% of it is salty water in the oceans, leaving us only 3% of fresh water. Moving forward, 2.5% of that water is frozen, meaning that only 0.5% of fresh water is suitable for human consumption. 

Worldwide, we use more than 4 trillion m³ of freshwater per year. From the beginning of 2022, we have consumed more than 2,002 trillion m³ of fresh water. Besides human consumption, 70% of freshwater withdrawals is used for agricultural purposes, 20% for industrial use, and the remaining 10% for domestic use.

Water usage differs from country to country and is influenced by many factors, such as population growth, industrial, and agricultural use. To figure out which countries use the most water, Finish teamed up with Dan Krause, a senior conservation biologist, and Dr. Ali Nazemi, an associate professor, to create the Finish Comparison Tool, which surveyed users about their water usage. 

 

Comments

81595f2dd9db45846609c618f993af1c

© Earth Protect