We all have a carbon footprint. And during the Holidays, our carbon footprints are way larger than our shoe sizes as we tend to consume more than during other times in the year. However, we can all still be true to our Green sides by following some Eco-friendly tips this Thanksgiving:
- Buy locally grown organic produce from your area's farmers market and make sure to bring along your reusable bags.
- If turkey is on your menu, you can contact your local grocery store and ask if they carry turkeys labeled “American Humane Certified," or "USDA Certified Organic."
- Add tree-planting to the festivities. You can have a tree-planting ceremony and literally give thanks around the family tree!
- Ask guests to bring their own reusable containers to take home left-overs.
- To decorate your tables, use natural objects found in your yard like fall leaves and pine cones.
- Leave the TV off during dinner. Not only will it save energy it will allow you to ask Aunt Mary for her stuffing recipe.
Tree Musketeers wishes you all a happy and healthful Thanksgiving!